Sunday, March 17, 2013

Dinosaur BBQ (Finally!)

Finally got a chance to Dinosaur BBQ - I've been wanting to try this place out for a long time to see how it compares to other NYC BBQ places like Fette Sau since I heard Dinosaur is supposed to be the best.

Beer Flight: Ape Hanger Ale, Dogfish 90 Minute IPA, Greenpoint Winter Lager, Wildcard - it's great that Dinosaur had flights available, and they even have their own beer (ape hanger).  Unfortunately, ape hanger was the worst of the ones I chose (I won't be getting it again).
 

Tres Hombres - ribs, bbq pork, and beef brisket, mac n cheese, and baked beans – all three proteins were awesome.  The sides were really good too, though I think the baked beans at Fette Sau are better.



Sampler Nuevo - chicken, ribs, beef brisket, cole slaw, and syracuse style salt potatoes – as good as the ribs, pork, and beef were, I was actually most impressed with the chicken – the apple brine made it really tender and juicy.



Chocolate Ice Box Pie – way too sweet – you really need ice cream to balance out the chocolate


Some misses with the beer and the dessert is not recommended - however, their BBQ is TOP NOTCH - I can't wait to go back.

Dinosaur BBQ
700 W 125th St
New York, NY 10027
http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com

No comments:

Post a Comment